What is Haliotis Formula?
Haliotis Formula is a Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) herbal blend for treating keratitis and uveitis in dogs, cats, and horses.
TCVM herbal blends combine synergistic herbs to help ease pet health symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs address the root cause(s) of the symptoms. A very cool method for helping pets from the inside out!
Will Haliotis Formula Help Your Pet?
If your pet suffers from keratitis or uveitis, Haliotis Formula just might help!
Dr. Smith often recommends Haliotis Formula to help pets with:
- Chronic conjunctivitis
- Equine Recurrent Uveitis (ERU)
- Keratitis and Uveitis
The TCVM indications for this Haliotis Formula are:
- Grey or blue nebula (turbidity of the cornea)
- Heat/Fire in the Liver with stagnation
- Ocular discharge
- Corneal opacity
- Surging fast or weak pulse
- Swollen eyelids
- Red, pale tongue
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr. Smith offers an Eastern exam (TCVM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
TCVM philosophy differs from standard Western medical philosophy.
For example, Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on balance and finding the root cause of animal health challenges rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
How Haliotis Formula Helps Keratitis and Uveitis in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to treat your pet’s symptoms. Thus, making your pet feel better.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Haliotis works by:
- Clearing Liver
- Eliminate Fire
- Clearing the eyes
- Resolving the nebula
However, Haliotis formula is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
During the TCVM exam, Dr. Smith may discover underlying causes making a different herbal blend a better choice for your pet
What are the Ingredients in Haliotis Formula?
Haliotis Formula is a veterinary offshoot of the ancient Chinese formula Jue Ming San found in the text Yuan Heng Liao Ma Ji (Yuan-heng’s Therapeutic Treatise of Horses) written in 1608 by Benyuan and Yu Benheng.
The main ingredients in Haliotis Formula are:
- Gu Jing Cao (Eriocaulon) to clear Heat and brighten the eyes.
- Huang Lian (Coptis) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
- Huang Qi (Astragalus) to tonify Qi
- Jue Min Zi (Cassia) to clear Heat and brighten the eyes
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
- Mi Meng Hua (Buddleia) to brighten the eyes
- Mo Yao (Myrrh) to activate Blood
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia) to clear Heat and cool Blood
- Shi Jue Ming (Haliotis) to clear Heat and brighten the eyes
- Yu Jin (Curcuma) to clear Heat-Toxin and dissipate Stasis
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues.
Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!