What is Jin Gui Shen Qi?
The Western Medical indications for Jin Gui Shen Qi are:
- Renal failure
However, Eastern veterinary medicine analyzes animal health challenges a little differently than Wester veterinary medicine does.
- Coldness of back and extremities
- Heat-seeking behavior
- Kidney Qi/Yang Deficiency with Wind-Cold-Damp
- Deep, weak pulse that is deep and weak
- Pale, purple tongue
Warning: Do not use Jin Gui Shen Qi during pregnancy.
How Jin Gui Shen Qi Helps Hypothyroidism and Renal Failure in Dogs and Cats
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
TCVM focuses on maintaining energetic balance and finding the root cause of health problems, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to treat your pet’s symptoms.
At the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Jin Gui Shen Qi is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Jin Gui Shen Qi (Rhemannia 8) is a specially-formulated herbal blend for relieving the symptoms of hypothyroidism, renal failure, and infertility while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Jin Gui Shen Qi are:
- Tonifying Kidney
- Warming Yang
What Herbs are in Jin Gui Shen Qi?
The main ingredients in the Jin Gui Shen Qi Formula are:
- Fu Ling (Poria) to drain Damp and strengthen Spleen
- Fu Zi (Aconite) to tonify Kidney Yang
- Mu DAn Pi (Moutan) to cool Liver
- Rou Gui (Cinnamomum) tonify Kidney Yang
- Shan Yao (Dioscorea) to tonify Qi and nourish Kidney Jing
- Shan Zhu Yu (Cornus) to nourish Yin
- Ze Xie (Alisma) to drain Damp and clear Kidney false Fire
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!