Will Vinegar Help My Pet’s Itchy Skin?
Got an itchy, scratchy dog or cat?
Our homemade vinegar rinse is the perfect itchy skin remedy. And, it is also a great solution for your pet’s allergies or skin irritation!
And, making a vinegar rinse or spray is very easy and inexpensive.
Recipe for Vinegar Pet Itchy Skin Remedy
- 1 part water
- 1 part vinegar
- Optional: a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Pour all ingredients into a spray bottle or covered container.
- Apply generously to affected areas 2-3 times daily.
- The mixture can be either sprayed or dowsed on with a cloth. Use whichever method is least stressful for your pet.
- Be very generous and use a lot!
Vinegar is antibacterial and anti-fungal and helps to restore proper pH to your pet’s skin.
If you add lavender essential oil to the mix, your pet will benefit from lavender’s additional analgesic, antihistamine, and anti-inflammatory properties.
If your dog has open sores and acts like the solution stings, just add more water to the mixture.
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Allergy Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing allergy challenges.
- Learn more about pet allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Diet. PET | TAO Limited Ingredient Dog Food is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response. Or, try cooking one of PET | TAO’s limited ingredient recipes at home.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Supplement Mushroom is a medicinal mushroom blend for easing inflammatory response and ease allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO Harmonize GI boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a “like treats like” fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are: