What is Qi Performance?
- Exercise intolerance
- Muscle pain
- Poor performance
- Weight loss
- A pulse that is deep and weak
- A tongue that is wet and pale
- Qi Deficiency with Qi Stagnation
Qi Performance is a specially-formulated herbal blend. The herbs all work synergistically to improve the athletic performance of dogs and horses. At the same time, the herbs address the underlying causes of the animal’s lack of ability.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Qi Performance are to:
- Tonify Qi and Blood
- Move Blood
- Relieve Pain
How Does Qi Performance Improve Athletic Performance of Dogs and Horses?
An animal’s athletic performance is determined by the animal’s ability to complete the assigned task.
Often, such animals are involved in racing. In racing, we assess performance by the speed in which the task is completed.
The three main factors limiting an athlete’s speed are physiological fatigue, pain, and psychogenic stress.
The Qi Performance herbal blend works to reduce the factors reducing speed ability. And, in turn, helps the animals reach their maximum performance potential.
Then, by reducing the key factors limiting the athlete during a competition, performance is improved.
The Qi Performance herbal blend also works to:
- Relieve pain
- Increase the efficiency of energy use
- Eliminate physiological fatigue
In addition, when added to feed in farm animals, Qi Performance has:
- Increased body weight in chickens and pigs*
- Increased milk in dairy cows*
TCVM philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
For example, Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on balance and finding the cause of health challenges, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Then, through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses an herbal blend to treat an animal’s symptoms. And, at the same time, the herbs also correct the body imbalances causing the symptoms.
However, Qi Performance is only one of the many Eastern herbal blends Dr. Smith has available to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
What Ingredients Are in Qi Performance Herbal Formula?
The main ingredients in the Qi Performance herbal formula are:
- Bai Shao Yao (Paeonia) to tonify Blood and soothe Liver
- Dang Gi (Angelica) to tonify and move Blood, resolve stagnation and relieve pain
- Dang Shen (Codonopsis) to tonify Qi
- Feng Hua Fen (Apis) to tonify Qi and Yin tonic
- Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza) to harmonize
- He Shou Wu (Polygonum) to tonify Blood
- Huang Qi Astragalus) to tonify Qi
- Mu Dan Pi (Moutan) to cool and move Blood and relieve pain
- Shan Zha (Crataegus) strengthen the stomach, promote appetite
Qi Performance originates from the ancient Chinese herbal formula Ba Zhen Tang (Eight-Treasure Decoction) from Zhent Ti Lei Yao, by Bi Li-Zhai in 1529.
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal