The Traditional Chinese Medicine indications Four Paws Damp Heat are
- Itching due to Damp-Heat in the four paws (feet)
- A fast, restless pulse
- Itchy skin
- Skin lesions with discharge and odor
- A purple or red tongue
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCVM) philosophy is different from standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses on balance and finding the root cause of the problem rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith herbal blends to treat your pet’s symptoms. At the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
However, Four Paws Damp Heat is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
How Does Four Paws Damp Heat Ease Itchy Skin in Dogs, Cats and Horses?
Four Paws Damp Heat formula is an herbal blend for relieving the symptoms of itchy skin in dogs while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
It’s Chinese Principles of Treatment are:
- Clearing Damp
- Clearing Heat
- Detoxifying Blood
- Cool Blood
What are the Main Ingredients in Four Paws Damp Heat?
Four Paws Damp Heat comes from the ancient Chinese formula Qing Shi Re Tang.
The main ingredients in the Four Paws Damp Heat formula are:
- Chi Shao (Paeonia) to cool Blood
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula) to bring downward
- Dan Zhu Ye (Lophatherum) to drain Damp Heat
- Di Fu Zi (Kochia) to clear Damp Heat
- Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza) to harmonize
- Ku SHen (Sophora) to clear Damp Heat, detoxify
- Sheng Di Huang (Rhemannia) to clear Heat and nourish Yin
- Tong Cao (Tetrapanax) to drain Damp Heat
- To Fu Ling (Smilax) to eliminate Damp and kill fungi
- Yin Chen Hao (Artemisia) to clear Liver Damp Heat
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues.
Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal