Do you have an older, geriatric pet?
If so, you're likely concerned about...
- whether or not you're treating your older pet the best way?
- the side effects of medicines?
- doing the best you can to ease pain and discomfort?
You are not alone.
I bet you know that pets age much faster than people?
In fact, dogs and cats age roughly five to seven years for every human year.
I bet you also know that older pets frequently have more than one health problem, often multiple problems.
As a matter of fact, older pets frequently present to the veterinarian with an average of 2.5 health problems.
Sounds complicated because it is!
Consider Sam, for instance, who has been a faithful friend for a long time.
Once the playful, frolicking, graceful pup, Sam now regularly does the splits on the living room floor and cries out in pain when getting up from sleeping.
He also has a liver problem discovered on a routine blood test.
Sam has three problems and Sam needs help. He needs special help.
As animals age, a progressive decline in organ function, immunity, and physical and mental ability occurs. This decline is inevitable and provokes many questions in the minds of concerned pet owners.
- How long will Sam live?
- What medicines are safe for Sam?
- How can I be sure these medicines are safe?
- How can I control Sam's pain?
- Are there any alternatives to Western drugs?
Thinking about pets like Sam, you can appreciate the complexity of treating geriatric pets.
Complex problems require unique, serious and sometimes complex treatments.
Early detection and intervention is important to successful management.
However, having dynamic treatment options, not a one way approach, enhances the treatment and makes Sam feel better fast.
Here's How We Do It
- Perform a thorough physical exam
- Offer options
- Communicate with you the best options for you and your pet
- Discuss potential side effects and alternatives
- Educate you on expectations
- Be dynamic and change if needed
It's how we practice veterinary medicine...the best.
And, it's how we make pets like Sam feel great.
A Final Thought
If you have an older pet, rest assurred we got you covered with knowledge, experience, expertise and dynamic care to keep her feeling the best.
Consider Your Options
Schedule your consultation today!
Consultations include a comprehensive examination and Eastern, Western, and Alternative analysis of your pets specific health situation.