What is the Blood Heat Formula?
Blood Heat Formula is a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) herbal blend for easing autoimmune disease in dogs, cats, and horses.
The animal health challenges Blood Heat Formula helps are:
- Autoimmune diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Erosions of thin-skinned areas (axilla, periocular skin)
- Immune-mediated diseases due to Blood-Heat
- Forceful, fast pulse
- Red tongue
- Planum nasale ulcers
How Blood Heat Formula Soothes Autoimmune Disease in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr. Smith provides an Eastern exam (TCM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
TCVM philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on maintaining balance and finding the root cause of pet health problems, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Using Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to soothe your pet’s symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms. Blood Heat Formula is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available to Dr. Smith.
Blood Heat Formula is a specially-formulated herbal blend for easing the symptoms of autoimmune disease (systemic lupus erythematosus), while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Blood Heat Formula are:
- Cooling Blood
- Clearing Heat
- Resolving nodules
What Are the Herbs in Blood Heat Formula?
The Main Ingredients in the Blood Heat Formula are:
- Chi Shao (Paeonia) to cool Blood and clear Heat
- Dan Shen (Salvia) to cool Blood and activate Blood
- Di Fu Zi (Kochia) to clear Heat and detoxify
- Huang Bai (Phellodendron) to clear Heat and detoxify
- Mai Men Dong (Ophiopogon) to nourish Yin
- Mu Dan Pi (Moutan) to cool Blood, move Blood, and eliminate stagnation
- Shen Di Huang (Rehmannia) to cool Blood and nourish Yin
- Xuan Shen (Scrophularia) to cool Blood, clear Heat, and resolve nodules
- Yu Jin (Curcuma) to cool Blood, clear Heat, and detoxify.
Blood Heat Formula originated from the ancient formula Liang Xue Jie Du Tang.
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in their pets when using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!