What is Bai Hu Si Miao?
The Western Medical indications Bai Hu Si Miao eases are:
- Immune-mediated arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis in dogs
- Infectious arthritis
- Urinary tract infection.
Eastern veterinary medicine evaluates animal health problems a little differently than Western veterinary medicine does.
The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications for Bai Hu Si Miao are:
- Damp-Heat in the middle/lower jiaos
- Heat Bi syndrome
- Painful and swollen feet
- Slippery or strong pulse
- Red tongue with yellow coating
- Pain, redness, swelling, and heat in joints
How Bai Hu Si Miao Eases Rheumatoid Arthritis in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr. Smith provides an Eastern exam (TCVMM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
TCVM philosophy is very different than our standard Western veterinary medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on maintaining balance and finding the root cause of health problems, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to ease your pet’s symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Bai Hu Si Mia is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Bai Hu Si Miao is a specially-formulated herbal blend for easing the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis in dogs and more, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Bai Hu Si Miao are:
- Eliminating Wind-Damp-Heat
- Resolving stagnation
- Clearing Heat
The main ingredients in the Bai Hu Si Miao formula are:
- Cang Zhu (Atractylodes) to dry up Damp and strengthen Spleen
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula) to smoothen Channels and joints and to descend
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum) to clear Wind-cold-damp and resolve stagnation
- Hai Tong Pi (Erythrina) to clear Wind-cold-damp and resolve stagnation
- Huang Bai (Phellodendron) to clear Damp-Heat in the lower jiao
- Shi Gao (Sheng) (Gypsum) to clear Heat and purge Fire
- Yi Yi Ren (Coix) to eliminate Damp
- Zhi Mu (Anemarrhena) to clear Heat and nourish Yin
Bai Hu Si Miao is a combination of two ancient clinical formulas, Bai Hu Tang and Si Miao San.
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in arthritis in dogs using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing dog arthritis pain.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO’s Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze-Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, the Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: