Will Di Gu Pi San Help Your Pet?
Di Gu Pi San might be a good choice if your pet suffers from the Western conditions of:
- Degenerative joint disease
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Chronic joint pain
- Hip dysplasia
In other words, it is really meant to treat TCVM conditions. However, TCVM looks at health challenges in a different way than Western medicine does.
TCVM looks for and analyzes the root cause of health conditions rather than looking for a diagnosis. So, you’ll probably see some unusual indicators.
The TCVM indications for Di Gu Pi San are:
- Chronic Bony Bi-Syndrome due to Kidney Yin and Qi Deficiency
- Preferring coldness
- Stiffness that worsens with Heat conditions
- Dry skin and hair coat
- Thready, weak pulse
- Red, dry tongue
How Di Gu Pi San Helps in Arthritis and Joint Pain in Dogs, Cats & Horses
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr. Smith offers an Eastern exam in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
TCVM philosophy differs standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on attaining balance and finding the root cause of health challenges rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith herbal blends to treat your pet’s symptoms, helping him/her feel better.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
However, Di Gu Pi San is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam. The Eastern exam may uncover roots causes better helped by a different herbal blend.
What Ingredients are in Di Gu Pi San?
Di Gu Pi San is a blend of herbs for relieving the symptoms of arthritis and joint pain, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
Its Chinese Principles of treatment are:
- Nourishing Yin
- Clearing deficient Heat
- Tonifying Kidney Yang
- Dispelling Wind-Damp
The main ingredients in Di Gu Pi San are:
- Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea) to tonify Kidney Yang and Yin
- Dan Shen (Salvia) to invigorate Blood and relieve pain
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to nourish Blood and relieve pain
- Di Gu Pi (Lycium)to nourish Yin and clear deficient Heat
- Duo Huo (Angelica) to dispel Wind, Cold and Dampness and to relieve pain
- Du Zhong (Eucommia) to strengthen the back
- Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria) to tonify Kidney Yang and strengthen bones
- Huang Bai (Phellodendron) to nourish Yin and clear Heat
- Mu Dan Pi (Moutan) to cool Blood, clear Heat, and resolve stagnation
- Qin Jiao (Gentaina) to clear Wind-Damp and nourish Yin
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia) to clear Heat and nourish Yin
- Ze Kie (Alisma) to drain Damp and benefit urination
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues!
Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing dog arthritis pain.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding a high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: