Di Gu Pi San is a TCM herbal blend that can be very helpful with arthritis and joint pain dogs, cats, and horses.
The Western Medical symptoms alleviated with this formula are arthritis, degenerative joint disease, intervertebral disc disease, chronic joint pain, hip dysplasia, and rheumatism.
The Traditional Chinese Medicine indications for this herbal blend are chronic bony bi-syndrome due to Kidney Yin and Qi Deficiency, prefers coldness, stiffness that worsens with Heat conditions, dry skin/hair coat, a pulse that his thready and weak, and a tongue that is red and dry.
At our clinic, pets often receive an Eastern exam (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in combination with the standard veterinary exam. Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy. Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses on balance and finding the cause of the problem rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines. Through Eastern examination techniques, we can choose herbal blends that will both treat symptoms and at the same time correct the imbalances in your pet’s body that are causing the symptoms. Wind Toxin is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for our doctors to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Di Gu Pi San is an herbal blend specially formulated with herbs specifically chosen to work synergistically to relieve the symptoms of arthritis and joint pain while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms. It’s Chinese Principles of treatment are to nourish Yin, clear deficient Heat, tonify Kidney Yang, and dispel Wind-Damp.
The main ingredients in Phlegm Fat Formula are:
- Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea) to tonify Kidney Yang and Yin
- Dan Shen (Salvia) to invigorate Blood and relieve pain
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to nourish Blood and relieve pain
- Di Gu Pi (Lycium)to nourish Yin and clear deficient Heat
- Duo Huo (Angelica) to dispel Wind, Cold and Dampness and to relieve pain
- Du Zhong (Eucommia) to strengthen the back
- Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria) to tonify Kidney Yang and strengthen bones
- Huang Bai (Phellodendron) to nourish Yin and clear Heat
- Mu Dan Pi (Moutan) to cool Blood, clear Heat, and resolve stagnation
- Qin Jiao (Gentaina) to clear Wind-Damp and nourish Yin
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia) to clear Heat and nourish Yin
- Ze Kie (Alisma) to drain Damp and benefit urination
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal