What is Body Sore Herbal Formula?
Body Sore is a TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) herbal blend to help back pain in dogs, cats, and horses.
The Western Medical indications for Body Sore are:
- Back pain
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Soft tissue injuries
However, Eastern veterinary medicine looks at animal health problems a little differently than Western veterinary medicine does.
The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications for Body sores are:
- Channel blockage
- Qi stagnation
- Blood stagnation
- Fast pulse
- Purple tongue
How Body Sore Herbal Formula Helps Back Pain in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr. Smith provides an Eastern exam (TCVM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
TCVM focuses on maintaining balance and finding the root cause of health problems, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to ease your pet's symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Body Sore is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Body Sore Herbal Formula is a specially-formulated herbal blend for relieving the symptoms of soft tissue back pain and more, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of the symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Body sores are:
- Invigorating the Qi/Blood
- Resolving stagnation
- Relieving pain
What Are the Ingredients in Body Sore Herbal Formula?
The main ingredients in the Body Sore herbal formula are:
- Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea) to strengthen the bone and tonify Yang
- Chi Shao (Paeonia) to relieve pain and cool Blood
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula) to strengthen bones and limbs
- Chuan Xiong (Ligusticum) to relieve pain and activate Blood
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to activate Blood, resolve stagnation, and relieve pain
- Du Huo (Angelica) to relieve pain and eliminate Wind-Damp
- Du Zhong (Eucommia) to strengthen back and tonify Yang
- Hong Hua (Carthamus) to break down Blood stasis and relieve the pain
- Ji Xue Teng (Millettia) to nourish blood
- Mo Yao (Myrrh) to move Blood and relieve pain
- Qiang Huo (Notopterygium) to relieve pain and activate Blood
- Ru Xiang (Olibanum) to move Blood and relieve pain
- Tao Ren (Persica) to break down Blood stasis and relieve pain
- Tu Si Zi (Cuscuta) to nourish Kidney and Liver
- Yan Hu Suo (Corydalis) to move Qi/ Blood, resolve stagnation, and relieve pain
- Yin Yang Huo (Epimedium) to tonify Kidney Yang and Yin
Body Sore originated from the ancient Chinese herbal formula Shen Tong Zhu Yu Tang, in the Yi Lin Gai Cuo, by Wang Qing-Ren (1830 AD).
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Does Your Dog Also Suffer From Arthritis?
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing dog arthritis pain.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog's discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog's arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog's joints.
- Try Freeze-Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, the Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a "like treats like" manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: