What is Ba Ji San?
The Western Medical indications for Ba Ji San are
- Rear weakness
- Sore back
- Weak back
Eastern veterinary medicine evaluates animal health challenges differently than Western veterinary medicine does.
The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications for Ba Ji San are:
- Coldness at back
- Cold extremities
- Kidney Qi/Yang Deficiency
- Deep, weak pulse
- Pale, purple tongue
- Weakness or pain at the back
- Weakness or pain in rear limbs
How Ba Ji San Soothes A Sore and Weak Back in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
TCVM philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on maintaining balance and finding the root cause of pet health problems, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to soothe your pet’s symptoms.
And, and at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Ba Ji San is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Ba Ji San is a specially-formulated herbal blend for relieving the symptoms of a weak back in dogs and more, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Ba Ji San are:
- Tonifying Kidney Yang
- Dispelling Cold
- Resolving pain
What Are the Herbs in Ba Ji San?
The main ingredients in the Ba Ji San formula are:
- Ba Ji Tian (Morinda) to warm Yang, tonify Kidney, and strengthen back/rear
- Bu Gu Zhi (Psoralea) to tonify Kidney Yang
- Cang Zhu (Atractylodes) to dry up Damp
- Chen Pi (Citrus) to move Qi and resolve pain
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula) to tonify Kidney Yang and strengthen rear limbs
- Du Zhong (Eucommia) to tonify Kidney Yang and strengthen back
- Hu Lu Ba (Trigonella) to tonify Kidney Yang and strengthen rear
- Qing Pi (Citrus) to move Qi and resolve pain
- Rou Gui (Cinnamomum) to warm Yang
- Yin Yang Hu0 (Epimedium) to tonify Kidney Yang Yin
Ba Ji San originates from the ancient formula Ba-Ji-San from the Yuan Heng Liao Ma Ji (Yuan-hengéˆ¥æªš Therapeutic Treatise of Horses), by Yu Benyuan and Yu Benheng (1608 AD).
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!