What is Wind Toxin?
The TCVM herbal Wind Toxin is very helpful because they do two things at the same time:
- Soothe the symptoms of dry, itching skin
- Alleviate the root cause of the dry, itching skin
Will Wind Toxin Help Your Pet?
Wind Toxin just might be the answer to your pet skin challenges!
Dr. Smith often recommends Wind Toxin for dogs and cats who suffer:
- Excessively dry skin
- Itchy Skin
In fact, the summer and fall months often bring our clinic many cases of dogs and cats with dry itching skin.
The symptoms of dry itching skin can be caused by several factors.
Often, the cause is:
- Seasonal allergies
- Skin allergies
- Flea allergies
- Certain body system imbalances
How Wind Toxin TCVM Herbal Blend Helps Dogs and Cats with Dry Itching Skin
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Servies, Dr. Smith offers an Eastern exam (TCVM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
TCVM philosophy differs from our standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on promoting balance and finding the root cause of pet health challenges rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to treat your pet’s symptoms and help him/her feel better.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
However, Wind Toxin is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the the results of the Eastern exam.
During the exam, Dr. Smith may discover indications for a different herbal blend.
Wind Toxin is very effective in in treating skin itching caused by wind-heat or wind-toxin.
It works by:
- Clearing Wind
- Clearing Heat
- Easing itching
What Herbs are in Wind Toxin?
Wind Toxin veterinary offshoot of the ancient Chinese formula Xiao Feng San found in the text Shi Yi De Xiao Feng written in 1395 by the Chinese herbalist Wei Yi-Lin.
The main ingredients in Wind Toxin are:
- Bai Ji Li (Tribulus) to clear wind and alleviate itching
- Biz Xian Pi (Dictamnus) to clear Damp Heat and kill scabies
- Bia Zhu (Atractylodes) to strengthen Spleen
- Chi Shao (Paeonia) to cool down Blood
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to invigorate Blood
- Fang Feng (Ledebouriella) to clear Wind
- Fu Ling (Poria) to eliminate Damp and Strengthen Spleen
- He Shou Wu (Polygonum) to tonify Blood and Yin
- Jin Yin Hua (Lonicera) to detoxify and alleviate itching
- Jing Jie (Shizonepta) to clear wind, open the skin, and alleviate itching
- Ju Hua (Chrysanthemum) to clear heat, detoxify, and relieve swollen glands
- Ku Shen (Sophora) to detoxify and alleviate itching
- Xuan Shen (Scrophularia) to clear Damp Heat and relieve swollen glands
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia) to clear Damp Heat and detoxify
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues.
Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!