What is Lower Jiao Damp-Heat?
Lower Jiao Damp-Heat is a TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) herbal blend to help with dermatitis, eruptions, and eczema in dogs, cats, and horses.
The TCVM indications for Lower Jiao Damp-Heat are:
- Itching due to Damp-Heat in the Lower Jiao
- Skin itching
- Fast pulse
- Skin lesions with discharge and color
- Purple or red tongue
How Does Lower Jiao Damp-Heat Help Eczema in Dogs, Cats, and Horses?
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr. Smith offers an Eastern exam (TCVM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
TCVM philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on balance and finding the root cause of health challenges rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to ease our pet's symptoms. At the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Lower Jiao Damp-Heat is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Lower Jiao Damp-Heat is a specially-formulated herbal blend to help pets with:
At the same time, it rebalances and alleviates the underlying causes of the symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Lower Jiao Damp-Heat are to:
- Clear Damp
The main ingredients in the Lower Jiao Damp-Heat herbal formula are:
- Cang Zhi (Atractylodes) to dry up Damp
- Chan Niu Xi (Cyathula) to bring downward
- Di Fu Zi (Kochia) clear Damp-Heat
- Han Fang Ji (Stephania) to eliminate Damp
- Huang Bai (Phellodendron) to clear Damp-Heat in Lower Jiao
- Ku Shen (Sophora) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
- Yi Mu Cao (Leonurus) to move Blood and clear Heat
- Yin Chen Hao (Artemisia) to clear Liver Damp Heat
This herbal blend is derived from the ancient Chinese herbal formula Qing Shi Re Tang.
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie's Jing Tang Herbal
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Pet Allergy and Eczema Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help your pet feel better.
- Learn more about cat allergies.
- Learn more about dog allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Diet. PET | TAO Limited Ingredient Diet is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Mushroom Blend eases inflammatory response and eases allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO Harmonize Gi boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a "like treats like" fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are: