What is Ear Damp Heat?
Ear Damp Heat is a TCM herbal blend that can be very helpful in otitis and itchy ears in dogs, cats, and horses.
The Traditional Chinese Medicine indications for Ear Damp Heat are:
- Bad ears due to Damp-Heat
- Skin lesions with discharge and odor
- Itchy ears
- Scratching ears
- Fast pulse
- Purple or Red Tongue
Ear Damp Heat Relieves Otitis and Itchy Ears in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
TCVM philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on balance and finding the root cause of health problems rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to treat your pet’s symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Ear Damp Heat is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Ear Damp Heat is a specially-f0rmulated herbal blend for relieving the symptoms of otitis and itchy ears while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
The Chinese Principles of Treatment for Ear Damp Heat are to:
- Clear Damp and Heat
- Cool Blood
The main ingredients in the Ear Damp Heat Formula are:
- Bai Ji Li (Tribulus) to clear Heat
- Chai Hu (Bupleurum) to soothe Liver Qi
- Dan Zhu Ye (Lophatherum) to clear Heat
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria) to clear Damp-Heat
- Mu Dan Pi (Moutan) to cool Blood
- Qing Hao (Artemisia) to clear Damp-Heat
- Qing Pi (Citrus) to move Qi
- Si Gua Teng (Luffa) to transform phlegm, resolve stagnation
- Xia Ku Cao (Prunella) to clear Heat
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Does Your Pet Also Suffer From Allergies?
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing allergy challenges.
- Learn more about pet allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Diet. PET | TAO’s Limited Ingredient Diet is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response. Find slow cooker recipes for dogs and cats on the PET | TAO Recipe Page.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO’s Complement Immune Mushroom Blend eases inflammatory response and ease allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Gi boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a “like treats like” fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are: