What is Ling Jiao Gou Teng?
The Western Medical indications for this formula are:
Eastern veterinary medicine looks at animal health conditions a little differently than Western veterinary medicine does.
The TCVM indications for this formula are:
- Tremors of the limbs
- Red eyes
- Internal Wind due to Liver Heat
- Dry, rapid pulse
- Red tongue
How Does Ling Jiao Gou Teng Help Epilepsy and Seizures in Dogs, Cats & Horses?
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr. Smith provides an Eastern exam (TCVM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
TCVM focuses on balance and finding the root cause of pet health challenges rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to ease your pet’s symptoms. And, at the same time, the same herbs correct the underlying imbalances causing the symptoms.
Ling Jiao Gou Teng is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for our Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Ling Jiao Gou Teng is a specially-formulated herbal blend. s
The herbs all work synergistically to relieve symptoms of convulsions epilepsy and seizures, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of the symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Ling Jiao Gou Teng are:
- Tonifying the Kidney
- Warming Yang
- Strengthen the back and limbs
- Dispelling Wind-Cold-Damp
What Are The Ingredients in Ling Jiao Gou Teng?
The main ingredients in the Ling Jiao Gou Teng formula are:
- Bai Shao Yao (Paeonia) to nourish Blood and soothe Liver Yang
- Fu Shen (Poria) to calm Shen
- Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza) to harmonize
- Gou Teng (Uncaria) to clear internal Wind, resolve seizure, and cool Liver
- Ju Hua (Chrysanthemum) to clear Heat and cool Liver
- Sang Ye (Morus) to clear Wind-Heat
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia) to nourish Blood, Yin, and Jing
- Tian Ma (Gastrodia Elata) to clear internal Wind, resolve seizure, and relieve pain
- Zhe Bei Mu (Fritillaria) to transform Phlegm, clear Heat, and nourish Yin
- Zhu Ru (Bambusa) to transform Phlegm
Ling Jiao Gou Teng comes from the ancient Chinese herbal formula Ling Jiao Gou Teng Tang from Ton Su Han Lun by Yu Gen Chu (1650 AD).
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues.
Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!