What is Loranthus Formula?
The Western Medical indications for Loranthus Formula are:
- Chronic joint pain
- Degenerative joint disease (DJD)
- Hip dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease (IVDD)
Eastern looks at health challenges a little differently than Western medicine does.
The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications for Loranthus Formula are:
- Chronic bony bi-syndrome due to Kidney Yang Deficiency
- Coldness in the back and extremities
- Deep pulse also dry and weak
- Soft stool
- Stiffness worse at Cold/Damp
- Pale, wet tongue
Sometimes, Loranthus Formula is not good for dogs.
The TCVM contraindications for Loranthus Formula are the Yin deficient signs of:
- Excessive thirst
- Heat intolerance
In addition, immediately stop using Loranthus Formula if your dog shows signs of vomiting or diarrhea.
How Does Loranthus Formula Help Arthritis and Degenerative Joint Disease in Dogs?
Eastern medical philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine focuses on balance and finding the root cause of health challenges rather than masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to treat your pet’s symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the underlying imbalances causing the symptoms.
Loranthus Formula is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.cvm
Loranthus Formula is a specially-formulated TCVM herbal blend for easing arthritis and degenerative joint disease in dogs.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Loranthus Formula are:
- Tonifying the Kidney
- Warming Yang
- Strengthening the back and limbs
- Dispel Wind-Cold-Damp
What Herbs Are in Loranthus Formula?
The main ingredients in the Loranthus Formula are:
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula) to Tonify kidney yang and strengthen back/limbs
- Chuan Xiong (Ligusticum) to invigorate blood and relieve pain
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to nourish blood, invigorate Blood, and relieve pain
- Du Huo (Angelica) to clear Wind-Damp
- Du Zhong (Eucommia) to tonify Kidney Yang and strengthen the back
- Fang Feng (Ledebouriella) to clear Wind and open the body surface
- Fu Ling (Poria) to drain Damp and strengthen Spleen
- Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza) to harmonize
- Qin Jiao (Gentiana) to clear Wind-Damp and nourish Yin
- Rou Gui (Cinnamomum) to warm Kidney Yang
- Sang Ji Sheng (Loranthus) to tonify Kidney and Liver and clear Wind-Damp
- Xiao Hui Xiang (Foeniculum) to warm Kidney Yang and dispel Cold
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues.
Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Dog Arthritis Challenges
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing dog arthritis pain.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding a high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO’s Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: