A Canine Mast Cell Tumor Question for Dr. Smith
- How much does treatment cost?
- What is the success rate?
- Do the patients seem like they are in pain?
- Can I order the salve from you or do you have to see her first?
- Do you know of any other holistic vets closer to Louisville Ky?
- If I can’t order the salve from you where would you recommend me buying it from?
- How long do treatments last, how long does it take the slave to work and then heal?
- Do you need to see the patient first?
- Do you think it’s too late?
- Is it worth it?
Dr. Smith’s Reply:
- How much does treatment cost? The treatment costs 300-750 depending on what you are using i.e. injectable, paste, and or oral.
- What is the success rate? The medicine works pretty well depending on size, grade, and/or a number of tumors.
- Do the patients seem like they are in pain? No! maybe a little discomfort but not acute pain.
- Can I order the salve from you or do you have to see her first? A veterinarian needs to see the animal to properly inform you of treatment expectations and so forth.
- Do you know of any other holistic vets closer to Louisville Ky? Yes! You can look at www.tcvm.com or pettao.com to find one.
- If I can’t order the salve from you where would you recommend me buying it from? A veterinarian in your area.
- How long do treatments last, how long does it take the slave to work and then heal? there are different protocols depending on the extent of the masses. In general, I use paste 5 days on and 5 days and evaluate.
- Do you need to see the patient first? yes!
- Do you think it’s too late? Hard to say! If systemic signs are present like anemia and lethargy, then may not be effective.
- Is it worth it? If the tumors are grade 1 or 2, then yes! if tumors have spread to the regional lymph nodes, then it’s tough.
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Pet Cancer Challenges
You might not be aware, but many cancer-fighting tools are easy to get and use at home.
To realize your true cancer-fighting potential:
- Learn more about dog cancer.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s and make him/her more comfortable. (Note: Comfort is not for cats).
- Boost your pet’s immune system with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Mushroom Blend blends together the most powerful immune-boosting medicinal mushrooms on the market in a single product.
- Ease your pet’s stomach upset naturally. Many pets with cancer suffer stomach upset as well. PET | TAO Harmonize GI naturally provides all the digestive enzymes and probiotics your pet needs for optimum gut health.
- Try PET | TAO Freeze Dried Beef Spleen Treats. According to TCVM, the spleen helps with digestion and assimilation. Both are challenges often faced by pets suffering from cancer. As few as 5-6 treats per day can make a huge difference in your pet’s health!
- Try a Blood-building TCVM Diet. According to TCVM theory, pets suffering from cancer also often suffer from Blood deficiency. Blood deficiency may due to chemotherapy or cancer itself. PET | TAO Zing dog food builds Blood. You can also try home-cooking for your pet.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for pet cancer challenges and palliative care. Some good examples are: