Love your dog? Love essential oils? You are going to love this information!
New to essential oils? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
What are Essential Oils?
Essential Oils are the natural, aromatic compounds found in plants.
A plant’s volatile oils (essential oils) are the plant’s main form of protection against predators and the environment.
Essential oils are extracted from the plant by either cold-pressing or steam distilling.
Medicinally, essential oils are powerful and safe, and are 55-70 times more powerful than herbs!
Unlike pharmaceuticals and chemicals, when used properly, essential oils don’t cause side effects.
3 WAYS TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS ON YOUR DOG
- Add several drops of essential oil to water in a diffuser
- Place several drops on a cotton ball or piece of cloth and place near your dog
- Purifies Air
- Manages Moods
- Opens Airways
- Apply essential oils between the toe pads on your dog’s feet
- Place a couple drops of essential oil in the palm of your hands, rub together, then pet your dog. (You may need to dilute the essential oil first.)
- Immediate comfort
- Supports overall health of the area treated
- Systemic health support
- Immune system Support
- Add a few drops to your dog’s water or food
- Add a few drops to a gelatin capsule and give to your dog
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS WHEN USING TOPICALLY
- Never place essential oils in your dogs eyes, nose, or ear canals! Essential oils are best applied to the bottom of back paws between toe pads, on the stomach, and/or behind the ears.
- Use essential oils that are safe for human consumption. If the essential oil is safe for human consumption, a supplement fact (like you would find on a cereal box) will be on the essential oil’s product label. If the oil is not safe for human consumption, the label will contain a disclaimer such as “For External Use Only.”
- Dilution for dogs over 15 lbs: Dilute at 1 drop of essential oil to 1 tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil
- Dilution for dogs under 15 lbs: Dilute at 1 drop essential oil to 2 tablespoons of fractionated coconut oil
- Dilution for young puppies: Dilute at 1 drop essential oil to 3 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- Use essential oils with caution and dilute 1 drop essential oil to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil for dogs that are old, pregnant, sick, or prone to seizures.
Coming soon: LEARN THE TOP 3 ESSENTIAL OILS FOR DOGS