Bu Xue Xi Feng is a TCM herbal blend that can be very helpful in treating epilepsy and seizures in dogs, cats and horses.
The Traditional Chinese Medicine indications for this herbal blend are dry and itching skin, no stamina, seizures, convulsions, Internal Wind due to Blood Deficiency, a pulse that is thready and weak, and a tongue that is pale and dry.
At our clinic, pets often receive an Eastern exam (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in combination with the standard veterinary exam. Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy. Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses on balance and finding the cause of the problem rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines. Through Eastern examination techniques, we can choose herbal blends that will both treat symptoms and at the same time correct the imbalances in your pet’s body that are causing the symptoms. Wind Toxin is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for our doctors to choose from based on the the results of the Eastern exam.
Bu Xue Xi Feng is an herbal blend specially formulated with herbs specifically chosen to work synergistically to relieve the symptoms of epilepsy, seizures an convulsions while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms. It is very effective in in nourishing the blood and clearing Internal Wind.
This veterinary herbal formula is based on the ancient Chinese formula Si Wu Tang found in the text Tai Ping Hui Min He Ji Ju Fang (Imperial Grace Formulary of the Tai Ping Era) written in 1080 by Chen Shi-Wen et al.
The main ingredients in Bu Xue Xi Feng Formula are:
- Bai Fu Zi (Typhonium) to clear Internal Wind, resolve seizure, transform phlegm
- Bai Shao Yao (Paeonia) to nourish Blood, soothe liver
- Bai Zhu (Atractylodes) to tonify Qi
- Chan Tui (Cicada) to clear Wind
- Chuan Xiong (Ligusticum) to move Blood and resolve stagnation
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to nourish Blood
- Dang Shen (Codonopsis) to tonify Qi
- Gou Teng (Uncaria) to clear Internal Wind, cool Liver, and resolve convulsions
- Jiang Can (Bombyx) to clear Internal Wind, resolve seizure, transform phlegm
- Shu Di Huang (Rehmannia) to nourish Blood and Jing
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal