What is Bao He Wan?
The Western veterinary medical indications Bao He Wan are:
- Chronic Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Chronic indigestion
However, Eastern veterinary medicine looks at animal health challenges a little differently than Western veterinary medicine.
- Abdominal pain
- Food stasis
- Poor appetite
- Slippery pulse
- Red tongue with yellow coating
How Bao He Wan Helps in Chronic IBD and Indigestion in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western veterinary medical philosophy.
TCVM focuses on attaining balance and discovering and correcting the root cause of health problems, such as chronic IBD and indigestion, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to soothe your pet’s symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Bao He Wan is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for our doctors to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Bao He Wan is a specially-formulated herbal blend for relieving the symptoms of chronic IBD and indigestion, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Bao He Wan are:
- Promoting appetite
- Resolving food stasis
- Dispelling Damp
What Are The Ingredients in Bao He Wan?
The main ingredients in the Bao He Wan Formula are:
- Ban Xia (Pinella) to transform phlegm and dry up Damp
- Chen Pi (Citrus) to move Qi and dry up Damp
- Fu Ling (Poria) to drain Damp
- Lai Fu Zi (Raphani) to resolve food stasis and descend Qi
- Lian Qiao (Forsythia) to clear Heat
- Mai Ya (Hordeum) to promote appetite and resolve food stasis
- Shan Zha (Cratageus) to promote appetite and resolve food stasis
- Shen Qu (Massa) to promote appetite and resolve food stasis
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!