Crystal Stone Formula is a TCM herbal blend that can be very helpful with cystitis and stones in dogs, cats, and horses.
Pets that are suffering from cystitis and stones and/or crystals in the urine may be helped with this herbal blend. The TCM indications for this formula are Damp-Heat in the lower burner, Bladder Damp-Heat, hematuria, crystalluria, and red tongue.
At our clinic, pets often receive an Eastern exam (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in combination with the standard veterinary exam. Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy. Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses on balance and finding the cause of the problem rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines. Through Eastern examination techniques, we can choose herbal blends that will both treat symptoms and at the same time correct the imbalances in your pet’s body that are causing the symptoms. Wind Toxin is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for our doctors to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Crystal Stone Formula is an herbal blend specially formulated with herbs specifically chosen to work synergistically to relieve the symptoms of cystitis and stones in dogs, cats, and horses, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
It is very effective in clearing heat and damp, resolving crystals, and stopping the hemorrhage.
This veterinary herbal formula is based on the ancient Chinese formula Ba Zheng San found in the text Tai Ping Hui Min He Ji Ju Fang (Imperial Grace Formulary of the Tai Ping Era).
The main ingredients in Crystal Stone Formula are:
- Bian Xu (Polygonum) to clear Heat and drain Damp
- Che Qian Zi (Plantago) to clear Heat, drain Damp, and stop the hemorrhage
- Chuan Mu Xiang (Vladimira Souliei) to move Qi to stop the pain
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to invigorate Blood and relieve pain
- Fu Ling (Poria) to drain Damp and strengthen Spleen
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum) to warm Bladder and relieve frequency of urination
- Hai Jin Sha (Lygodium) to dissolve crystals in Kidney and Bladder
- Jin Qian Cao (Lysimachia) to dissolve stones and crystals in Kidney and Bladder
- Qu Mai (Dianthus) to drain Damp and clear Heat
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia) to cool Blood, promote circulation and relieve pain
- Tong Cao (Tetrapanax) to drain Damp Heat
- Ze Xie (Alisma) to clear deficient Heat and drain Damp
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia) to clear Heat and inflammation
- Zhu Ling (Polyporus) to drain Damp
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal