Dang Gui Long Hui San is a TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) herbal blend that treats hepatitis, leukemia, manic behavior, uveitis and dermatitis in dogs, cats and horses.
The Western Medical indications for this herbal blend are dermatitis, hepatitis, leukemia, manic behavior, and uveitis. The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications are acute onset of conjunctivitis, constipation, dermatitis, Liver excess Fire/Heat, manic behavior, otitis, hepatitis, a pulse that is fast and wiry, and a tongue that is red with yellow or thin, white coating.
At our clinic, pets often receive an Eastern exam (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in combination with the standard veterinary exam. Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy. Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses on balance and finding the cause of the problem rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines. Through Eastern examination techniques, we can choose herbal blends that will both treat symptoms and at the same time correct the imbalances in your pet’s body that are causing the symptoms. This herb is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for our doctors to choose from based on the the results of the Eastern exam.
Dang Gui Long Hui San is an herbal blend specially formulated with herbs specifically chosen to work synergistically to relieve symptoms of dermatitis, leukemia, hepatitis, lymphoma, manic behavior, otitis and uveitis, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms. The Chinese principles of treatment for this herbal blend are to clear Liver excessive Fire and Heat and to resolve stagnation.
The main ingredients in the Dang Gui Long Hui San herbal formula are:
- Chuan Mu Xiang (Vladmira Souliei) to move Qi and resolve pain
- Da Huang (Rheum) to clear heat, purge the large intestine, and resolve stagnation
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to move and nourish blood
- Huang Lian (Coptis) to clear heat fromt eh Heart and GI
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria) to clear Heat from the Lung
- Liu Shen Wan (Six Immortals) to clear Heat and resolve toxicity
- Long Dan Cao (Gentaina) to clear Liver Heat and clear Damp-Heat
- Lu Hui (Aloe) to drain fire and purge the lower intestine
- Qing Dai (Indigo) to clear Heat, resolve doxiticy, and cool blood
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia) to clear damp heat from San-Jiao
This herbal blend is derived from the ancient Chinese herbal formula Dang Gui Long Hui Wan from Huang Di Su Wen Suan Ming Lun Fang, which was written in 1172 by Liu Yuansu.
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal
Written by: Becki Baumgartner