What is Dang Gui Long Hui San?
Dang Gui Long Hui San is a TCVM (Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) herbal blend to treat hepatitis, leukemia, manic behavior, uveitis, and dermatitis in dogs, cats, and horses.
The Western Medical indications for this Dang Gui Long Hui Sann are:
- Manic behavior
Eastern veterinary medicine analyzes pet health challenges, such as dermatitis in dogs, differently than Western veterinary medicine does.
The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications for Dang Gui Long Hui San are:
- Acute conjunctivitis onset
- Liver excess Fire/Heat
- Manic behavior
- Fast, wiry pulse
- Red tongue with yellow coating
- Red tongue with a thin, white coating
How Dang Gui Long Hui San Treats Dermatitis in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr. Smith performs an Eastern exam (TCVM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
TCVM focuses on attaining balance and finding the ro0t cause of health problems, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to ease your pet's symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Dang Gui Long Hui San is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Dang Gui Long Hui San is a specially-formulated herbal blend.
Its herbs work synergistically to relieve symptoms of dermatitis and more, while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for this Dang Gui Long Hui San are:
- Clearing Liver excessive Fire and Heat
- Resolving stagnation
What Herbs Are in Dang Gui Long Hui San?
The main ingredients in the Dang Gui Long Hui San herbal formula are:
- Chuan Mu Xiang (Vladmira Souliei) to move Qi and resolve pain
- Da Huang (Rheum) to clear heat, purge the large intestine, and resolve stagnation
- Dang Gui (Angelica) to move and nourish blood
- Huang Lian (Coptis) to clear heat from eh Heart and GI
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria) to clear Heat from the Lung
- Liu Shen Wan (Six Immortals) to clear Heat and resolve toxicity
- Long Dan Cao (Gentaina) to clear Liver Heat and clear Damp-Heat
- Lu Hui (Aloe) to drain fire and purge the lower intestine
- Qing Dai (Indigo) to clear Heat, resolve toxicity, and cool blood
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia) to clear damp-heat from San-Jiao
Dang Gui Long Hui San comes from the ancient Chinese herbal formula Dang Gui Long Hui Wan from the Huang Di Su Wen Suan Ming Lun Fang, by Liu Yuansu (1172 AD).
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues.
Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie's Jing Tang Herbal
Does Your Pet Also Suffer From Allergies?
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help your pet feel better.
- Learn more about cat allergies.
- Learn more about dog allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Diet. PET | TAO Limited Ingredient Diet is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Mushroom Blend eases inflammatory response and eases allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO Harmonize Gi boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a "like treats like" fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are: