What is Artemisia Combination?
The Western veterinary medical indications for Artemisia Combination are:
Eastern veterinary medicine evaluates animal health challenges a little differently than Western veterinary medicine does.
The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications for Artemisia Combination include:
- Having a bright yellow color (like an orange peel)
- Dry feces or diarrhea
- Jaundice due to Damp-heat
- Loss of appetite
- Wiry and fast pulse
- Sudden development of jaundice/icterus
- Yellow tongue with greasy coating
- Yellow mucous membranes of the mouth, eye, and nostrils
How Artemisia Combination Treats Hepatitis and Icterus in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
At Natchez Trace Veterinary Services, Dr.Smith provides an Eastern exam (TCVM) in combination with the standard veterinary exam.
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western veterinary medicine philosophy.
TCVM focuses on balance and finding the cause of health problems, rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to treat your pet’s symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Artemisia Combination is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Artemisia Combination is a specially-formulated herbal blend for relieving the symptoms of hepatitis, icterus, and jaundice while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of the symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Artemisia Combination are:
- Eliminating damp
- Clearing Damp Heat
What Herbs are in Artemisia Combination?
The main ingredients in the Artemisia Combination are:
- Chi Shao (Paeonia) to cool Blood
- Da Huang (Rheum) to clear Heat
- Fu Ling (Poria) to drain Damp and strengthen Spleen
- Huang Lian (Coptis) to clear Damp-Heat
- Mu Dan Pi (Moutan) to cool Liver and resolve stagnation
- Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia) to clear Heat and nourish Yin
- Yin Chen Hao (Artemisia) to clear Damp-Heat in Liver
- Ze Xie (Alisma) to drain Damp
- Zhi Zi (Gardenia) to clear Damp-Heat in San-jiaos
- Zhu Ling (Polyporus) to drain Damp
Artemisia Combination for animals comes from the ancient formula Yin Chen Hao Tang (Artemisia Combination) for humans.
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!