What is Bu Fei San?
The Western Medical indications for Bu Fei San are:
- Chronic cough
However, Eastern veterinary medicine analyzes chronic coughs and asthma a little differently than Western veterinary medicine does.
The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications for Bu Fei San are chronic:
- Exercise intolerance
- Lung Qi Deficiency
- Deep, weak pulse
- Shortness of breath
- Pale, wet tongue
How Bu Fei San Soothes Chronic Coughs and Asthma in Dogs, Cats, and Horses
TCVM philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses on balance and finding the root cause of an animal’s problem rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to soothe your pet’s symptoms.
And, at the same time, the herbs correct the imbalances causing the symptoms.
Bu Fei San is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Bu Fei San is a specially-formulated herbal blend for soothing the symptoms of a chronic cough and asthma in dogs (and more) while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of the symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Bue Fei San are:
- Tonifying Lung Qi
- Stoppingcough and asthma
What Are The Herbs in Bu Fei San?
The main ingredients in the Bu Fei San Formula are:
- Bai Guo (Ginko) to astringently consolidate lung, stop asthma and cough
- Dang Shen (Codonopsis) to tonify Qi
- Gan Cao (Glycrrhiza) to harmonize
- Huang Qi (Astragalus) to tonify Lung Qi
- Jie Geng (Platycodon) to open the lung and transform phlegm
- Wu Wei Zi (Schisandra) to astringently consolidate the lung
- Zi Su Zi (Perilla) to clear wind-heat and stop cough
- Zi Wan (Aster) to moisten Lung and stop cough and asthma
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues.
Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Does Your Pet Also Suffer from Allergies?
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help your pet feel better.
- Learn more about cat allergies.
- Learn more about dog allergies.
- Switch to a Limited Ingredient Diet. PET | TAO Limited Ingredient Diet is naturally low in foods that stimulate an allergic response.
- Supplement with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO Complement Immune Mushroom Blend eases inflammatory response and allergy symptoms.
- Try digestive enzymes and probiotics. PET | TAO Harmonize Gi boosts gut health and combats food allergens.
- Feed Freeze Dried Lung Treats. According to TCVM, Lung is on the same meridian as the skin. Therefore, lung treats help both breathing and skin allergies. Lung treats support lung and skin similar to a glandular supplement in a “like treats like” fashion.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog allergies Some good examples are: