What is Bone Stasis?
Bone Stasis is a TCVM herbal blend that helps spurs, bone swelling and calcium deposits in dogs, cats, and horses. It can be a very helpful treatment for animals with bone spurs, chips, and osteosclerosis.
The Western Medical indications for Bone Stasis are:
Bone spur or chip
- Bone swelling
- Calcium over-deposit
Eastern veterinary medicine looks at animal health challenges differently than Western veterinary medicine does.
The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications for Bone Stasis are:
- Wiry, fast pulse
- Stasis and stagnation in the bones
- Purple tongue
Warnings: Bone Stasis should not be used during pregnancy.
How Bone Stasis Helps Spurs, Bone Swelling and Calcium Deposits
Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy.
TCVM focuses on maintaining balance and finding the root cause of health problems rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines.
Through Eastern examination techniques, Dr. Smith chooses herbal blends to ease your pet’s symptoms.
At the same time, the herbs correct the causing the symptoms.
Bone Stasis is only one of the many TCVM herbal blends available for Dr. Smith to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Bone Stasis is a specially-formulated herbal blend for soothing the symptoms of helps spurs, bone swelling, and calcium deposits while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms.
The Chinese principles of treatment for Bone Stasis are:
- Nourishing Liver
- Breaking down Stasis
- Activating Blood
- Clearing Channel blockage
- Relieving pain
What Herbs Are inn Bone Stasis Formula?
The main ingredients in the Bone Stasis Formula are:
- Bai Shao Yao (Paeonia) to nourish Liver Yin and Blood
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula) to strengthen the bones and benefit the hind limb
- Cuhan Xiong (Liguisticum) to activate blood and relieve pain
- Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria) to tonify and strengthen the bones
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum) to warm the channel and benefit the forelimbs
- Hong Hua (Carthamus) to clear blood stasis and relieve pain
- Mu Gua (Chaneomeles) to clear channel blockage and relieve pain
- Ru Xiang (Olibanum) to activate Blood and relieve pain
- Sang Zhi (Morus) to clear Wind-Heat and benefit the forelimbs
- Yan Hu Suo (Corydalis) to invigorate Blood and relieve pain
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Does Your Dog Also Suffer From Arthritis?
There are many quick and easy changes you can make at home to help you give your dog an edge on easing dog arthritis pain.
- Learn more about dog arthritis.
- Try cooking for your dog or feeding a high-quality dog food. Home-cooked diets and wet food help keep your pet from gaining too much weight. In turn, less weight means less stress on your dog’s bones and joints. PET | TAO’s Chill and Blaze are top choices for arthritic dogs.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO’s Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s arthritic challenges to make him/her more comfortable.
- Provide joint support. PET | TAO’s Harmonize Joint is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements working together to lubricate and restore your dog’s joints.
- Try Freeze Dried Kidney Treats. According to TCVM, Kidney controls the bones and joints and supports arthritic challenges in a “like treats like” manner.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for dog arthritis. Some good examples are: