Bone Stasis is a TCM herbal blend that helps spurs, bone swelling and calcium deposits in dogs, cats, and horses and can be a very helpful treatment for animals with bone spurs, chips, and osteosclerosis.
The Western Medical indications for this herbal blend are bone spur or chip, bone swelling, calcium over-deposition, osteophyte, osteosclerosis, and ringbone. The Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine indications are a pulse that is wiry or fast, stasis and stagnation in the bones, and a tongue that is purple.
Warnings: This herbal blend should not be used during pregnancy.
At our clinic, pets often receive an Eastern exam (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in combination with the standard veterinary exam. Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy. Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses on balance and finding the cause of the problem rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines. Through Eastern examination techniques, we can choose herbal blends that will both treat symptoms and at the same time correct the imbalances in your pet’s body that are causing the symptoms. This herbal blend is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for our doctors to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Bone Stasis is an herbal blend specially formulated with herbs specifically chosen to work synergistically to relieve the symptoms of chronic illness, viral infections, and reduced immunity while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms. The Chinese principles of treatment for this herbal blend are to nourish Liver, break down Stasis, activate Blood, clear Channel blockage, and relieve pain.
The main ingredients in the Bone Stasis Formula are:
- Bai Shao Yao (Paeonia) to nourish Liver Yin and Blood
- Chuan Niu Xi (Cyathula) to strengthen the bones and benefit the hind limb
- Cuhan Xiong (Liguisticum) to activate blood and relieve pain
- Gu Sui Bu (Drynaria) to tonify and strengthen the bones
- Gui Zhi (Cinnamomum) to warm the channel and benefit the forelimbs
- Hong Hua (Carthamus) to clear blood stasis and relieve pain
- Mu Gua (Chaneomeles) to clear channel blockage and relieve pain
- Ru Xiang (Olibanum) to activate Blood and relieve pain
- Sang Zhi (Morus) to clear Wind-Heat and benefit the forelimbs
- Yan Hu Suo (Corydalis) to invigorate Blood and relieve pain
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal
Written by: Becki Baumgartner