What are Mast Cell Tumors?
Mast cell tumors are the most common skin tumors in dogs.
A mast cell tumor is a cancer of a particular type of blood cell normally involved in the body’s allergic or inflammatory responses.
Mast cell tumors most commonly affect the skin, but can also affect other organs such as the spleen, liver, digestive system, and bone marrow.
Boston terriers, boxers, bulldogs, and pugs are more likely to develop mast cell tumors than other breeds.
The exact cause of mast cell tumors is unknown.
3 Holistic Options for Mast Cell Tumors
Dr. Marc Smith recommends either one, or a combination of the following options, to treat mast cell tumors in dogs.
Treatment varies depending on the dog’s individual needs.
Oral Neoplasene – Oral Neoplasene is a liquid herbal veterinary medicine extracted from the bloodroot plant that is used to treat cancer in dogs. Neoplasene dosing is based on body weight and is usually given prior to feeding twice daily.
Max’s Formula – Max’s Formula is a Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) herbal blend that treats tumors and lumps in dogs, cats, and horses. Max’s Formula is a blend of eight different herbs which address the root causes of lumps and tumors. The blend comes in bulk powder, capsules, and tea pills. Dr. Smith doses Max’s formula according to weight and recommends giving it with food twice daily.
Stasis Breaker – Stasis Breaker is a TCVM herbal blend that treats neoplasia, nodules, and tumors in dogs, cats, and horses. Stasis Breaker is a blend of six different herbs to address the root causes of neoplasia and nodules. This herbal blend is available in bulk powder, capsules, and tea pills. Dr. Smith doses Stasis Breaker according to weight and recommends giving it with food twice daily.
Continued indefinitely, treatment with these products successfully slows and/or halts the progression of mast cell tumors for many of our patients.
More Powerful Tools for Overcoming Pet Cancer Challenges
You might not be aware, but many cancer-fighting tools are easy to get and use at home.
To realize your true cancer-fighting potential:
- Learn more about pet cancer.
- Ease your dog’s discomfort naturally. PET | TAO’s Comfort is a blend of Eastern herbs and Western supplements to soothe your dog’s and make him/her more comfortable. (Note: Comfort is not for cats).
- Boost your pet’s immune system with medicinal mushrooms. PET | TAO’s Complement Immune Mushroom Blend blends together the most powerful immune-boosting medicinal mushrooms on the market in a single product.
- Ease your pet’s stomach upset naturally. Many pets with cancer suffer stomach upset as well. PET | TAO’s Harmonize GI naturally provides all the digestive enzymes and probiotics your pet needs for optimum gut health.
- Try PET | TAO Freeze Dried Beef Spleen Treats. According to TCVM, the spleen helps with digestion and assimilation. Both are challenges often faced by pets suffering from cancer. As few as 5-6 treats per day can make a huge difference in your pet’s health!
- Try a Blood-building TCVM Diet. According to TCVM theory, pets suffering from cancer also often suffer from Blood deficiency. Blood deficiency may due to chemotherapy or cancer itself. PET | TAO Zing dog food builds Blood. You can also try home-cooking for your pet.
- Learn more about TCVM Herbal Remedies. Chinese medicine offers many amazing natural solutions for pet cancer challenges and palliative care. Some good examples are: