Damp Heat Skin is a TCM herbal blend that is very helpful for eruptions and skin itching in dogs, cats, and horses.
The Traditional Chinese Medicine indications for this herbal blend are Eczema, itching due to Damp-Heat, a pulse that is fast, skin itching and scratching, a tongue that is purple or red, skin eruptions, papules, restlessness, and skin lesions with discharge and odor.
At our clinic, pets often receive an Eastern exam (Traditional Chinese Medicine) in combination with the standard veterinary exam. Traditional Chinese Medicine philosophy is very different than our standard Western medical philosophy. Traditional Chinese Medicine focuses on balance and finding the cause of the problem rather than simply masking symptoms with prescription medicines. Through Eastern examination techniques, we can choose herbal blends that will both treat symptoms and at the same time correct the imbalances in your pet’s body that are causing the symptoms. Wind Toxin is only one of the many TCM herbal blends available for our doctors to choose from based on the results of the Eastern exam.
Damp Heat Skin is an herbal blend specially formulated with herbs specifically chosen to work synergistically to relieve the symptoms of skin itching and eruptions while at the same time addressing the underlying causes of these symptoms. It will clear Damp and Heat and detoxify and cool Blood.
The main ingredients in Phlegm Fat Formula are:
- Ban Len Gen (Isatis) to clear Heat and detoxify
- Che Qian Zi (Plantago) to clear Damp-Heat and benefit urination
- Di Fu Zi (Kochia) to clear Damp-Heat and benefit skin
- Hua Shi (Talc) to clear Damp-Heat and benefit urination
- Huang Bai (Phellodendron) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
- Huang Qin (Scutellaria) to clear Damp-Heat and detoxify
- Ku Shen (Sophora) to clear Damp-Heat, detoxify and relieve itching
- Shen Di Huang (Rehmannia) to cool Blood and nourish Yin
Our clients have seen wonderful improvements in the health conditions of their pets using herbal blends to take care of a variety of health issues. Please contact our clinic at any time if you have questions about herbal remedies!
Source: Dr. Xie’s Jing Tang Herbal